Original Sculpey® is America's first oven-bake clay — a modern modeling compound that stays permanently flexible and soft at room temperature. After baking, you can carve, drill, sand, re-bake, glaze and paint Original Sculpey® with acrylic paints.
Original Sculpey® is pliable and inexpensive, making it a popular choice for both experienced and beginner crafters. It is smooth, non-sticky, non-staining, non-toxic and resistant to shrinking.
After baking, Original Sculpey® polymer clay will become permanently hard, standing up to chipping, cracking and crumbling.
Loved by doll makers, artists and animation studios around the world, Super Sculpey® is prized for its ceramic-like feel and semi-translucent beige shade that mimics the glow of real skin after baking.
Although Super Sculpey® comes in one shade, clayers often mix it with Sculpey® III or premo Sculpey® to change its color. Other advantages to using Super Sculpey® include:
- - Its ease of conditioning right out of the package.
- - A formula that remains soft until baked.
- - Its fine detailing and tooling characteristics — Super Sculpey® does not "fill in" after tooling.
Super Sculpey® Firm
Polymer clay that is too soft can sometimes be prone to bending and blurring — but not Super Sculpey® Firm. Sculptors can easily tool, detail and carve this clay. Professional sculptors and photographers working in animation studios can see even the tiniest of details in Super Sculpey® Firm — and, when necessary, catch them on film.
Super Sculpey® Firm is grey and can be drilled, sanded, carved and painted with water-based acrylic paint.
- - Is chip and shatter-resistant and available in an easy-to-cut scored bar.
Super Sculpey® Medium Blend
Super Sculpey® Medium is the perfect mix of both Super Sculpey® Firm and Super Sculpey®. Super Sculpey® Medium:
- - Allows clayers to carve details into their clay effortlessly.
- - Is firm enough to hold its shape yet malleable enough to build and blend pieces.
- - Allows you to build up more additive methods and focus on building out shapes in small increments.
- - Achieves a premium level of pliability after being kneaded slightly.
- - Blends smoothly and cuts down on sanding time.
Super Sculpey® Living Doll
Super Sculpey® Living Doll polymer clay creates lifelike figurines with fine, realistic features and blends effortlessly to make stunning models and dolls. Using Super Sculpey® Living Doll clay offers crafters numerous advantages thanks to its premium features:
- - Made for smooth bending
- - Remains soft and malleable right out of the - package
- - Flexible and workable
- - Size and color are retained even after baking
- - Incredibly durable, professional-grade material
- - Finish that won't show seams when baked