Skip to product information
1 of 1

Holden's Latex

HX-807 Brushable Coating and Casting Latex Gallon

HX-807 Brushable Coating and Casting Latex Gallon

Regular price $100.00 USD
Regular price $0.00 USD Sale price $100.00 USD
Sale Sold out
Shipping calculated at checkout.

5 in stock

HX-807™ Brushable Skin & Prop Latex is a pre-vulcanized, brushable latex that is suitable for coating a variety of surfaces. Perfect for making latex masks, skins and props. High viscosity allows you to control thickness in making latex castings. Add color with FabTone pigments.

Do not allow HX-807™ to freeze. The material will not be usable. Store and use material at room temperature (73°F/23°C). This product has a limited shelf life and should be used as soon as possible. Colder temperatures will slow the working/cure time, while warmer temperatures will reduce working time. Wear safety glasses, long sleeves and rubber gloves to minimize contamination risk. Wash thoroughly after handling. Do not eat, drink or smoke in the work area. Keep container closed when not in use.

Stir before use. Brush into a dry, unsealed gypsum mold. Stippling the first layer may help to eliminate bubbles if the mold contains complex undercuts or deep details. Brush up to 10 layers in the mold depending on the thickness desired. Allow at least an hour between layers for dry time. Humidity and ambient temperature will also affect the drying time of latex. Allow HX-807™ to dry in the mold for 12 hours at room temperature prior to pulling it out of the mold. Mild heat (100°F / 38.7°C) can be applied to accelerate the dry out process.

Before Demolding, lightly dust the inside of the casting with talc in order to prevent the dry rubber from sticking to itself. Avoid exposing the casting to oils, greases or solvents. Castings should be stored out of direct sunlight.

Clean up wet and dry latex with soap and water.

Allergies: Read label carefully. Do not use this product if you have known allergies to rubber latex. If you're unsure, bring the label to your doctor for their advice. If an allergic reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.



View full details