AKEMI Transparent Waterclear is a gel-like 2-component product based on UV-stabilized, unsaturated polyester resins dissolved in styrene.
Marble Fillers Waterclear are mainly used in stone processing industry for filling and bonding light or white, transparent-crystalline natural stones s.a. Thassos, Carrara, Onyx or the like. Due to the liquid, colourless-transparent appearance waterclear bonding can be made which maintain the stereoscopic structure of the stone. By adding little quantities of AKEMI Polyester Colouring Pastes to Marble Filler Transparent Waterclear L-Special, corners and edges can be modelled or bigger holes can be filled. Thus an appearance very similar to the stone or bonding joints which are almost invisible can be achieved. When working with crystalline natural stones we recommend to mix some crushed granular material in the filler to imitate the crystal structure of the stone.
- Wide field of application due to different consstencies
- No colour of thier own, therefore suited for light, mainly transparent-crystalline natural stones
- Due to slow hardening and low tensions bigger defects, corners, and edges can be filled
- Easily polishable
- Very good adhesion on natural stones
- Resistant to water, petrol, and mineral oils
- Use Akemi Liquid Glove to protect your hands
- The products only harden with hardener B liquid
- Hardener portions higher than 2% cause more or less intensive discolouring
- Hardener portions less than 1% and low temperatures (under 5°C) considerably delay hardening.
Instructions for Use:
- The surface to be treated must be clean, completely dry and slightly roughened.
- Colouring is possible by adding AKEMI Polyester Colouring Pastes up to max 5%.
- Add 1 to 2 g of hardener liquid B (35-70 drops) to 100 g of filler.
- Mix both components thoroughly. The mixture can be worked for about 12 to 14 minutes (20°C).
- After 6 to 8 hours approx. the treated parts can be exposed to strain, after 12 hours approx. they can be further processed.
- The hardening process is accelerated by heat and delayed by cold.